Cheetah chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Lammy Belgium

Go down

Euro Lammy Belgium Empty Euro Lammy Belgium

Post by londonscottish Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:58 am

Right lads my 1st thoughts on this rally main thing is anyone can join along the way
The rally is the weekend of 8th 9th June just outside Gent

So onwards

Monday 4th June Cheam to Portsmouth 65 miles ferry at approx 0700 (£85 one way) Caen 11.30 disembark and on to Pegagsus Bridge memorial and museum and lunch in the cafe. Overnight in Caen (Ive booked Ibis Paul Doumer in the centre of the city £78 for a twin 2 nights) late afternoon into the cathedral used as a spotting location by 12th SS Hitlerjugend for a view of the city, then dinner and a little wine.

Tuesday 5th June Caen leisurely start 11.30 ride the coast stopping off at Gold Sword and Juno Beaches lunch in between then to Arromanches to view Mulberry Harbour. back to Caen outskirts and if you are not all bored by me already a guided tour opn the attempts by UK forces to break out past Caen (Ops Perch, Epsom and finally Goodwood) Dinner then dancing

Wednesday 6th June D Day out of Caen and lunch in Falaise (gap) then on to Amiens 130 miles total evening out in the city

Thursday 7th June out of Amiens early for Somme Museum in Fleur then onto Ieper 60 mile, Menin Gate and a pre Euro party. I will be visiting my Great Grandfathers grave at Vlamertinghe New Military Cemetry (VI. G. 6) http://www.cwgc.org/search/cemetery_details.aspx?cemetery=14800&mode=1 anyone is welcome to join me.

Friday 8th June leisurely morning then approx 50 miles into Euro at which is on the outskirts of Gent

Saturday 9th June Euro Lambretta and Gala Dinner

Sunday 10th June some will wish to return via Calais (60) Miles others are planning to visit Amsterdam (103 miles) and return to the UK, via Hook of Holland and Harwich

The plan is if we get enough heads on the trip to hire a VW LWB transporter van between 10 should be about £45 all in to carry our booze and luggage. bounce
afro
londonscottish
londonscottish

Back to top Go down